Framework is very grateful for the fantastic support we receive from faith groups across the East Midlands.
Big differences are made to local communities, especially during Poverty Action Week, Harvest Festival time and at Christmas.
As more people are seeking help from Framework than ever before, we are looking to local churches and community groups to help make a difference to vulnerable people in your area. There are several easy ways you can get involved right now:
1. Hold a Harvest Food Drive to collect food, toiletries and house-hold items to donate and deliver to your local Framework service. With more than 60 services across the region, there will certainly be one close by. Items will help the people we support in three ways:
- providing meals and the opportunity to develop cooking skills to vulnerable people
- enabling us to make up food and toiletry parcels for people in need
- supplying packs of essential basics for people moving on to their own home
2. Invite a Framework Speaker to visit and inform your congregation about our history, our work and the people we help. We also appreciate the opportunity to give thanks for your support. Amongst our speakers are front-line members of staff who work directly with local vulnerable people and can answer questions about how your support changes lives.
3. Help Framework on World Homeless Day. On the 10th October every year millions of people around the world mark World Homeless Day. What will you do? This worldwide event will provide an opportunity to connect with an international occasion as well as Framework and your local homeless community. Find more information online at www.worldhomelessday.org.
4. Get involved with Poverty Action Week. Between 26th January and 6th February, take action and raise awareness of the plight of our region's most vulnerable people. For more information on Poverty Action Week visit www.actionweek.org.uk